Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 27, 2008

~shakespeare wallah~

I am truly excited to know the fact that I’ll be watching a movie that has something to do with Shakespeare during this course. My expectation is that the movie might be hard to understand and to cope with. I was surprised to know that the movie is actually in black and white, interesting as it maybe, I was again surprised to know that the main character is Sashi Kapoor, a star legend in the Hisdustani film industry. Obviously, he can carry the characteristics of Sanju, a wealthy young man who is deeply in love with a Shakespearean theatre actress English woman, Lizzie, who is played by an English actress, Felicity. Heart moving and somehow lined up with numerous act of humour, the story takes place in India. I am fond by the idea of two very different culture clashes and set up a lot of dramatic situations such as the failure to understand the language and the acceptations of a new experience and culture among the society. Shakespeare Wallah is indeed a beautiful adult love story that carries out the message that loving someone does not mean having he/she, sometimes we have to learn to let go because of love itself.

1 comment:

maisarah said...

Hahaha...that is so true Mizah...I was also shocked to see it was in Bollywood version!! It was beyond my expectation too. Anyway, it is good to have such experience. Well, I'm totally agree with your idea saying that 'loving someone does not mean having he/she'.Yes, we have to learn to let go.. And yet, love between Sanju and Lizzie is interesting. The issue of culture clashes between these two major characters led to their ‘failure’ in their relationship. Therefore, we can see that, it is extremely vital to adjust or adapt ourselves in a new place or dealing with a different culture partner to avoid misunderstanding between each. And I think the crucial thing we can take as a moral value in this movie is their spirit in continuing to stage the great Shakespeare’s masterpiece. Even tough live play is not well accepted in this new era, at least, we should appreciate the wonderful art of literature itself. Don’t you think so Mizah? Heeee…=) . I think that’s all for now. Do drop your comment on my blog. Daaaa…….