Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

~being evaluated by others...sigh!~

Honestly, I am getting the hang of being evaluated by others each time I performed my microteaching. I can still remembered the first time I was to be ask to conduct my microteaching up front, to tell you the truth, it was horrible. I was so uptight, panic and scared, for the reason of being evaluated and judge. By now, my 4th semester in TESL, I have to admit that I am getting more comfortable up front. No more sweated palms and jellied knees. Less stuttering, less mumbling and less swallowing up my words. Much more relaxed and matured at handling criticism (building and non-building ones) and at managing questions to be asked to my students. I might not be able to escape some grammatical errors while talking. Well, 100% accuracy in grammar is almost impossible even for native speaker (quoting Dr. Fauziah’s lecture) and what we should be most concern of is conveying our meaning with passion and enthusiasm (quoting Mdm. Juridah’s lecture) so that the students will not go rebellious against us (quoting Dr. Edwin’s lecture). I’ve learnt a lot through microteaching and I am proud of my positive progresses. These 3 awesome lecturers have given me a lot of tips of what to do and not do during teaching practice. I wholeheartedly say here that my peers’ critical comments are very much needed. At that particular time, we must help to correct and improve each other’s teaching skills. Thank you..=P

No comments: