Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

~as you like it~ blush!

I have to admit, I am very much pulled to say that this particular comedy-play-based movie originally written by the great Shakespeare is incredibly fascinating. I don’t quite know how others might perceive it, but for me the acting is beautiful. Being a comedy play, the story starts with turmoil here and there. The place setting is in Japan and the time is as I remembered during the samurai ages in Japan, or I might say, Nippon. Conflicts build and tension rises after the exile of Rosalind’s father. Nonetheless, there is still a chance for love to bloom between Rosalind and Orlando. Sigh~~~ Their eyes have met after the sumo dwell that Orlando had won. It is a wonderfully magical moment, as I am a big fan of romance movie. How both of them met is pretty sweet too, I can still remembered Rosalind holding her fan up to hide her face (I am not so sure of why she did that but I assume that she must be shy like most woman do when they meet the love of their life) and she placed her necklace around Orlando’s neck (I assume this as the token of winning the duel and her heart). Orlando was extremely delighted because afterwards she has not think of anyone else except for the beautiful Rosalind. Comical for me because a little man like Orlando could knock out a huge sumo wrestler. There is a resemblance to The Midsummer Night’s Dream, I suppose, because there have been some changing in role-play later. The story is unique and simply humorous because Rosalind has to impersonate as a boy (a pretty boy who has mistakenly captured the heart of a native Japanese woman) and being a friend to Orlando without his realisation. In short, the comedy is very uplifting and filled with emotions and confusions but later, as the story unfolds, the theme of love can conquer all has shown up the most. By the way, the famous quotation from the play is also acted by the characters; the seven ages of man. I’ve enjoyed this movie a lot and I dearly hope so do you....

No comments: