Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

~Out! out brief candle!..Macbeth~

I was so excited to be given the chance to watch this movie since I had heard so much of this famous character of Macbeth since I was in form 5. Although the movie was technicoloured, I am very much amazed by the spoken words of the actors and actresses. Dear, dear...it is in the original Shakespearean’s text. I find it very hard to listen (the actors seems to mumbled a lot maybe because of they have spoken too fast), very impossible to fathom (because I still can’t master the form of language) and very difficult to digest (because the scenes shift rather quickly from one to another). There you have it, all three of my major conflicts while watching the movie. I believe the pictures and the character’s actions and gestures have helped me so much in comprehending this legendary famous play. Violence and murders is seen a lot in this particular play. It starts with the murder of the late King by Macbeth himself and ended with the beheading of Macbeth. Blood spattered everywhere and the scene is pretty gross, to be honest. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this movie for how it has been an experience in working with a new form of language and had been a big helped for me to understand of the famous Shakespeare poem, Out Out Brief Candle! Seriously, as I am watching the movie, I could definitely make sense of what I have been memorising for previous literature class in my secondary school amazing as it is, I will definitely show this movie to my future students if I were to become an English teacher who teaches poems one day. They will find it very helpful as I do.... God’s willing....

No comments: